- 1 Personal information will only be processed for the purposes for which it was collected and/or to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and/or as authorised by law and/or with your consent.
- 2 The purposes for which we process personal information includes, but is not limited to:
- . Respond to your enquiry.
- . Provide services or products to you.
- . Provide access to restricted pages on our website.
- . Comply with legal requirements or industry codes.
- . Market or promote our services and products.
- . Safety and security reasons.
- . Compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Discover Digital website.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- 1 Discover Digital may disclose your personal information to third parties in certain circumstances, which include, but are not limited to:
- . Where we have your consent.
- . Where we are required to do so by law
- . To our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you, where we have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms.
- 2 Third parties who we disclose personal information to include, but are not limited to:
- . Service providers to Discover Digital.
- . Accredited debt collection agencies.
- . Regulators, courts, tribunals and law enforcement agencies.
- TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
- 1 We may need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with similar protection as provided for in the POPIA.
- 2 We may transfer your information to other countries which do not have similar protection as provided for in the POPIA, with your consent.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
- 1 We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful access, loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of personal information.
- 2 We have implemented various policies, procedures and standards to safeguard personal information.
- 3 We regularly verify that the safeguards are effectively implemented and ensure that they are continually updated in line with best practice.
- 4 Discover Digital has implemented procedures to address actual and suspected data breaches, and undertake to notify you and the relevant regulatory authorities of breaches in instances in which Discover Digital is legally required to do so and within the period in which such notification is necessary.
- 5 Notwithstanding paragraph 7.1 to 7.3 above, to the extent permissible by law, we shall not be liable for any loss, claim and/or damage arising from any unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse, loss, alteration or destruction of your personal information.
- DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Subject to the POPIA provisions, you have the right to:
- . Request access to your personal information.
- . Request, where necessary, the correction, destruction or deletion of your personal information.
- . Object to the processing of your personal information.
- . Submit a complaint to the Information Regulator regarding the alleged interference with the protection of the personal information.
- . Institute civil proceedings regarding the alleged interference with the protection of your personal information.
- SUPPORTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The privacy statement can be read in conjunction with privacy matters and conditions for lawful processing of personal information that may be contained in various supporting documents that may appear on Discover Digital’s corporate website:www.discoverdigital.co.za from time to time.
- 2 10.2. Discover Digital collects, stores and uses the abovementioned information for the following purposes:
- . To communicate requested information to the User.
- . To provide services to the User as requested by the User.
- . Too authenticate the User;
- . To provide the User with access to restricted pages on this website.
- . To compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Discover Digital website.
- 3 Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by the User. Users may determine cookie use independently through their browser settings. For purposes of this clause, a cookie means a small computer file created by a web browser to save user information for web site.
- 4 Cookies ensure that Discover Digital is able to continually improve its website. We utilise "first party cookies" (originating from us) to simply track the user’s visits between sessions and deliver a more personalised experience. We also utilise "third party cookies" (not originating from us) to provide traffic analysis and tracking.
- 5 Cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. These cookies may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They do not store personal information directly, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- CONTACT DETAILS
Privacy enquiries may be submitted to
Email: Privacyo@deod.tvor to the addresses below:
The Information Officer PO BOX 1890
- INFORMATION REGULATOR
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator in writing as per their website https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/contact.html
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
House 27 Stiemens Street
PO Box 31533